Wow, it feels so nice to finally get outside and run around. Or, in my case, to rake all the leaves we never raked in the fall. Or, in Husband's case, to deal with the Christmas tree he flung out the back door right before a snowstorm, where it has remained in a heap ever since, lights and all.
Other things we enjoyed this weekend:
- Our farm's fundraiser on Friday night. The little baking gift basket I put together for the silent auction fetched more than $100 for the farm despite being well out of season at this point. Thanks to whoever got to take it home! As for me, I got so excited with my bidding and wine-drinking that I ended up spending all the babysitter money on raffle tickets.
- I was so disappointed in the outcome of the raffle that I snuck out with one of the Swiss chard sprout centerpieces as my prize. (I'm never really sure what the etiquette is for centerpieces. Are they meant to be taken home at the end of the party? Or not? But everyone else was just taking them and I wanted those Swiss chard sprouts, I wanted them! They look so much better than the stuff I try to grow. Plus, they're not for me, they're for the school garden. Think of the children!)
- The ginger cake at Nancy's Air Field Cafe in Stow.
- Spring peepers! Did you hear them?
- Catching and releasing salamanders at Habitat in Belmont.
- Yogurt from Sophia's Greek Pantry.
- Shiitakes on all five of my mushroom logs!