Looking for that perfect food-related gift under $20? Here are some things I have and like:
- Raye’s herring and mustard pack from Maine ($19.95): Everybody loves mustard! Herring, too, I’m sure.
- French carbon paring knives ($7.95): Because everyone can use a sharp knife in a cool color. Me, I prefer to get new knives rather than sharpening the ones I already have. That’s green, right? (Or you can get the $5 workhorse Wusthofs at TJ Maxx.)
- Organic lip balm ($5.99): Try the lavender vanilla and just see if you can stop kissing yourself.
- Flat of the Hill on Charles St. in Boston had some cute aprons for $20.
- Regifting the cookbooks you don’t use is totally fair game, in my opinion. Stop being so stingy with your stuff!
And, finally, want to give a gift to yourself? Sign the petition asking Obama to appoint a sustainable secretary of agriculture, should this sound appealing to you in any way. It’s free.